October 02, 2011

Not your Nanny's Granny Panties

Now, I cannot be the one to take credit for these sassy lingerie themed cookies.  My friends and I were planning a bridal shower for one of my roommates, Becca, and we were specifically instructed to not have anything "dirty."  BUT, we were planning a bridal shower, mainly for college students and so we wanted to spice it up a little.  Meredith had the idea of making fancy underwear, and we all thought that would be perfect.  Kirsten knew a little something about decorating cookies, so she lead the way in our baking production. After meticulously frosting the cookies, and placing each baby pearl with tweezers, we were amazed at the results. The end product was adorable!  Everyone at the party raved about the cookies.  As I've heard many times since, they didn't just look cute but they tasted delicious!

And so, I became inspired.  I began having ideas of making sugar cookies for all occasions.  The opportunities seemed endless.  All I needed was a little extra time away from school and work.  All I needed was summer.  And one week later, "The Summer of Endless Cookies," began.

No comments:

Post a Comment